Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lee Price & gallery artists at Sarah Bain Gallery, Anaheim, California

One of my all time favourite artists, Lee Price is showing this month at Sarah Bain Gallery, a group exhibition of "Gallery Artists" which is on for the duration of March.

I first came across her via this painting, Full, 2007, a painting I absolutely just love and keep finding myself being drawn back to.


Full, 2007, Oil on Linen, 44” X 54”

To visit Lee's website Click here

I am fairly excited to hear that Lee will be exhibiting in September at Sarah Bain Gallery with a new body of work.

Meanwhile, here are some of the works on show now at Sarah Bain Gallery....



Cocoa Puffs, 2009, 44" x 62", Oil on Linen




Refuge, 44" x 64", Oil on Linen




Lisa In Tub With Chocolate Cake, 2009, 44" x 60", Oil on Linen



Cherry Cheesecake II, 2009, 28" x 68", Oil on Linen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I must admit I've spent some significant time looking at these and although they are technically brilliant and somehow disturbing, they have something in them that is repugnant, and something that keeps drawing the viewer back. Very strange.

Lauren said...

These are amazing. This is my first time on your blog. I have never taken much time dissecting art for meaning, but these pieces are asking for some contemplation.

Consumerism is the first thing that comes to mind.

I wish I was more poetic. I don't feel sure about what is being communicated.

Are there any good books that teach how to view realist paintings?

miriam shnapik said...

I try to dig some information about her but all I can find is- where she studied.I can 'read' the story she is telling through her paintings and that makes me want to know more about her, maybe an interview, anything.